We head out for La Barra de la Cruz this Sunday morning early. If I am not mistaken TETM has been to La Barra the past five years and every time they have refused to let us share the gospel. However, we must obey God rather than men, so year after year we have been a little more vocal about the gospel. Two years ago we put tracts in their bags of medicine we sent home with them from the medical clinic. This past August they refused to let the team do a VBS so they handed out bibles and just conversed with the people. We plan to do a dental clinic this year. This tight-nit community is predominantly catholic and they have been as blunt to say we don't want the gospel because it will disturb our community. The men say, "It will keep us from being able to sleep around and it will mess up our whole routine here." These people are hostile to the gospel. I believe there may be two known believers among them, a husband and wife. Heres what to pray:
- The gospel would be faithfully preached according to the Spirit's leading
- God would open their hearts to believe the gospel and repent and obey God's commandments; God would establish His church among them
- Dental clinic would run smoothly; good judgment calls (we will have two dentists with us)
- the people would see compassion in everything we do, especially the dental clinic, and know it is because of Christ.
- Safety on the road...25 hours both ways!! Fun times!!
Thank you for your prayers. I can never say it enough how much I love and appreciate you all for praying for me and for the gospel to reach the ends of the earth to every nation! God will be great among the nations!! And the whole earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of God!! Praise Him!!
Philippians 1:27...For the faith of the gospel