Sunday, January 14, 2007

Destination: CPCP!!

Well friends and family...I made it to the CPCP and I can't tell you how amazing it is. I didn't know it was possible for every desire of your heart to be fulfilled in one place at one time. God never ceases to amaze me!! Well, the first week has been filled with learning systematic theology, english bible study methods, how to go about raising prayer and financial support in a God honoring and Christ centered way, and various other things such as filling out burial forms!! David Sitton has spoken various times this week on missions and prayer and fasting and we look forward to the lesson on spiritual warfare from one who has "been there and done that!"

Kirby and I set out to find a coffee shop/cafe in Los Fresnos and God led us to a place called Christie's Java Loft just several blocks away from the apartments. We went in to check it out and she said there was going to be a show that night starting at 8. Kirby and I decided we would come back then. We weren't sure what to expect but knew it would be GMT either way. GMT stands for "Good missionary training." To our great joy we found out that Christie is a believer. She just opened this shop two weeks ago and and has until the end of the month to make $4,000 to stay open. I plan on drinking a lot of coffee and eating a lot of sandwiches from her shop!! The bands that played that night were clearly not believers and I asked Christie if she knew anything more about them concerning being believers. She said No but that is why I opened this shop! Her vision for that shop is to reach out to the LOST!! How great!! That night there were so many lost people there and we were able to meet several of the band members and their friends. Kirby, Chris, and I found ourselves praying fervently that night for what God would do in that place. Also, Christie meets in a missionaries home for church on sunday and we plan on joining her next week in that. I am so excited about what God is doing here in Los Fresnos!

For all those who have supported me financially and in prayer I want to say THANK YOU! God is very much at work here and your gifts and prayers are so much a part of advancing God's kingdom of light into the dark world. I thank God for people like you who support me first of all in prayer because without it we have no power in advancing God's kingdom and secondly financially as well because plane tickets do cost money! Thank you so much! I look forward to informing you all on exciting stories of what God is doing!! I love you all!!

PS Mom you have to come back and visit because Christie makes MUDSLIDES!! Kirby and I had one and it was mm, mm, good!! Lick your LIPS good!! :)

2 comments:

catherine shea politte said...

I LOVE IT!!! Keep the posts coming - it's such a great way to see inside your heart - and learn a little about Los Fresnos as well!!
LOVE YOU!!!

Sarah Bebee said...

Cara Boo!! I'm loving it too! I love getting to see a little portion of your life there in Los Fresnos. What a joy that the Lord has already given you a neat place to go spend time and fellowship, and minister/share the gospel! I was SO encouraged by the Henry's last support e-mail...I am so excited the Lord has led you to be involved in this ministry! Keep us updated on how to pray for you Cara!