Monday, August 27, 2007

GRADUATION!!







Well, the end has come to my time at the Center for Pioneer Church Planting as a student. We had a wonderful time at graduation. David Depew came and spoke as our guest speaker. He spent quite a bit of time teaching us this year what God has taught him during his life as a missionary in Thailand. Belinda sang a song by Selah and I got moose kissed by the President himself, David, and his wife, Tommi Sitton. This is actually a greeting in some other part of the world!!! My parents were able to come and experience this time with me which was a blessing.
The next day my parents and I drove to Austin where I boarded a plane to Louisville to visit my brother Ryan and his wife Sarah. Ryan just began seminary there at Southern...I almost got sucked in to the beautiful city of Louisville and the amazing school of Southern Seminary when I attended some of his classes!! So great! I had a blast!


The rest of the month holds time with friends and family. I will be speaking in Austin at Hyde Park Baptist Church Sept. 4th at noon if anyone in the area wants to come. I will be sharing about PNG and the upcoming trip to La Barra. I will be speaking at FBC Eldorado on the evening of the 16th of September on the same topic. I will be heading south again to Los Fresnos September 19th to prepare for our trip to La Barra that we leave for on the 24th. Please keep them in your prayers as well. Only one believing family, Roberto and Maria, and many who live in darkness and sin everyday. Wow...when I think of it that way it makes me want to leave tomorrow!! Pray we are bold in sharing the gospel as we ought!!


As of the car situation, I was told today that I will receive all the insurance money, $4,500, in approximately 15 days. Praise the Lord!! My car was a total loss so I will be awarded all the insurance money. Please keep praying that God would provide a car for me!! Thank you so much for all your prayers thus far!!

2 comments:

n said...

CARA! you look sooo beautiful in those pictures. i'm not sure i would like to be moose kissed though i must say! hAHAH that was cute. anyway, i'm so proud of you! YAY! so one part of your life over, but the best is yet to come! can't wait to see what the Lord does in your life.
you're forever in my heart and mind...
carly

Unknown said...

It was great to see you. We just met some folks who know you: Chad & Becky. I don't know their last names though. He is new at Boyce College.