Thursday, September 20, 2007

LA BARRA DE LA CRUZ

I am about to set out on another great adventure with my God to La Barra de la Cruz. We leave Monday the 24th of September and return November 19th. We will be building relationships with the people through various avenues such as medical clinics, dental clinics, teaching english, and day to day spending time with them and doing VBS-like activities with the children. There is one believing family, Roberto and Maria and children, who have quieted down in their faith due to some mild persecution. We hope to meet with them on a weekly basis if not more often to study the word together, fellowship, and encourage one another. We plan on partnering with them in sharing the gospel with others in the village. I would greatly appreciate it if you would keep the following things in prayer:

  • Team Unity: John 13:35; John 17
  • Personal growth/spiritual disciplines (bible reading, prayer, scripture memory, journaling, etc.)
  • Opportunities to build relationships with the people of La Barra, display the love of Christ to them, and share the gospel with them.
  • Salvation of those in La Barra; that God would plant a local body of believers before we leave.
  • Learning the spanish language and the culture.

As I have come to know over and over again, nothing is too big for God to accomplish and He is faithful to fulfill His purposes in and through His people. So many times I have been encouraged by the prayers of His saints for God's will to be done, for His name to be known among the nations and exalted. Many times over I have been blessed by your prayers for me and the people I am ministering too. There is no doubt that countless numbers of your prayers have been answered in the last 9 months of my life with the salvation of those in Chambri, PNG and God's provision for a car and many others that we could spend all day recounting. I hope you are encouraged to press on in prayer for God's name to be exalted among the nations and REJOICED IN among the peoples (Psalm 67). Malachi 1:11 isn't mere suggestion. God's name WILL BE GREAT AMONG THE NATIONS. Take joy in this and let this end result stay fresh in your mind as you pray towards this end. May God be given glory in all we do and say.

4 comments:

carye gillen said...

Cara,
So glad to get these updates and great pictures. God is mightily at work in your life. Walk in the steps He has laid out for you and experience His constant presence.
You are loved!
Aunt Carye

Keri said...

Cara,

Thanks for the link to your blog! We will be checking it often! Our prayers go with you and the rest of the team as you head to La Barra, and also for Erin's health. We are anxious to come and join you in December, as the Lord allows!

Love,
Keri Poppe

Veronica said...

love you dearly and praying for all of you.

veronica

Veronica said...

hey my dear - that was one of my old posts. i almost never update that blog but keep it so i can post on chris' and other friends like YOU!

where are you??? are you in mexico or still waiting to get out there?

PLEASE tell Shayla I said hi and i still have the gift/bear she gave me. A little figurine known as a "monito"... it's on my dresser. Please tell Josefa and Vicente hello for me. Please tell the kids - Adis, Angel, David... tell them "Pero Vero" says hi and I miss them and pray for them. If you see Uriel or America please also send them my hellos and prayers. Tell Uri to email me!

I love and miss you!