Wednesday, February 13, 2008

On the Road Again

Well everyone, come Friday we will be heading out to La Barra de la Cruz! This time we will only be there for one month and will return to the states on March 13th. It is such a short time but still God will accomplish all He desires and He is not bound by time. Please pray for the following:

- Unity of our team: O.J. DiIulio (fluent in spanish), Paul Mattfeld (40% fluent) and son Luke (9 years old), Jim Bloomstrand (fluent in spanish), Chris Johnson (20% fluent), Faith Hornbrook (no spanish), and ME (not so fluent but conversational!)!
- Open doors for the gospel through dental, medical, and teaching english to name a few.
- God would water and grow the seeds planted in years past, especially this last trip: Noel and Celia family, Vicente and Josefa family, Frederico and Elizabeth family, Yair's family, Pablo's family, Jose Luis' family, Antonio and Elena's family, and all the little kiddos!
- Discipleship of believers and the salvation of their families: Eva and Inocenta
- My spanish speaking skills...or lack thereof! Pray I would jump in with both feet and speak what I know and learn what I don't!!
- My spiritual disciplines: bible reading, prayer, scripture memory, journaling, etc.

I hope God will lay it on your heart's to pray for God's church to be planted in La Barra while we are ministering there. I pray He puts it on your mind constantly. I thank you in advance for the prayers that will reach the ears of our Father on behalf of La Barra and our team. I am so blessed to have you all as partners in this ministry of taking the gospel to those who have never heard. Your partnership with me is precious and I praise the Lord for you. Thank you for your faithfulness to the Lord in serving with me in this capacity. You truly are a blessing.

Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit with one mind, striving SIDE BY SIDE for the faith of the gospel.
Philippians 1:27
Cara

Here's the conclusion to my arm for those of you who haven't seen it:



God is sooooooo good! Thank you for all your prayers!!

2 comments:

Jamie Butts said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my blog and brightening my day. I can't wait to see you when you come visit. Yes... let's definitely hang out! I can't wait.
Glad your arm is better. Thanks for sharing your prayer requests on your blog. Your pic reminds us of you each day on our frig.
Love to you, sweet sister! Stay in touch!
JB

Veronica said...

love you, sis!!! wish i was there!