Thursday, May 22, 2008

I like Cheeze...

So...life happens fast sometimes...really fast. Faster than I can keep up with. It amazes me to see how God is not bound by time or our circumstances. He is author of both time and our circumstances and He uses them in our lives for His glory. He is good.

So...here is life in the fast lane for me. God brings me to a place of sweet surrender before Him that He would use my life to exalt Christ the way HE has planned. A friend put it best in response to what the Lord taught me about Christ being first place and not missions, "Cara, it sounds like you want your life to exalt Christ and you just thought missions was the best way to do that." I could hardly believe how nicely she summed that up. So, I have been living life before the Lord and what He has for me. In the meantime, a young man I've known through college and served with in ministry in college and will be going to Southern Seminary in the fall, took notice of me. He asked permission from my father to pursue a relationship with me. And then he called my brother and talked with my brother-in-law as well. He passed the test and received permission and then pursued me. We are now enjoying getting to know each other and growing in Godliness together and being challenged by each other. I guess I should tell you his name. His name is Jason Arnold, or better known in San Angelo as 'Cheeze.' I would love to post a picture of him but I have yet to get a picture of him! So sorry!! You can take my word for it though that he is pretty good lookin!! Maybe next blog!!

5 comments:

Jamie Butts said...

Good grief! So... well, maybe I shouldn't plan ahead. Hopefully, you can come visit your friend Cheeze while he is up here, but I'll just have to wait to jump the gun too much! I'm glad he passed their approval. That makes me happy. I had Dustin talk to Chad Gerlt, my friend's husband... as well as my dad. Such a blessing that a godly guy is willing to do that.

Brittney said...

Cara boo hoo! I am thrilled for you my sweet friend!! Where are you now? I definitely would love to help with whatever I can!! Oh MY Goodness!!! You are going to be an ARNOLD! Love you sister!

Jay Scott said...

Jason is a good man, I rally admire that guy.

Kelley said...

life sounds nice...you deserve it!
we miss you here, but glad you're happy! keep us informed.

Kelley said...

have to add...just checked facebook...wow...congrats!