Thursday, May 29, 2008

OK...so I LOVE Cheeze!

Well, this last Saturday I GOT ENGAGED! It is amazing what the Lord is doing. I am sitting back and just marveling at His awesome works!! I quote with the Psalmist:

"This is the Lord's doing; it is marvelous in our eyes." Psalm 118:23

I can't begin to explain the progression of our relationship and how fun it has been to wait on the Lord and follow His lead in our lives. I think even we are shocked and amazed at how the Lord has brought this about so quickly. His timing is perfect and so right and it is a blessing to walk according to what He has for us.

So, here is the story...the night began with dinner at Peasant Village in San Angelo. I had some incredible Chicken Parmesan. Afterwards, Jason took me to the Huckaby's house where we meet for small group on Sunday nights. They have a beautiful back deck that overlooks the state park. Not to mention we had already shared some incredible times of fellowship and worshiping the Lord together on that back deck with all our friends. We arrived and of course no one was home but the front door just happened to be unlocked...we went to the back deck and Jason asked if he could read me a letter he wrote me. He proceeded to read it to me and just before he finished he mentioned getting into the word a little bit. He had to go get bibles though. He came back with his bible and with a new brown bible for me...with Cara Arnold printed on the front. I opened the bible to where the bookmark was placed, in Proverbs 31, and the ring was tied to the ribbon. Jason then told me he loved me for the first time and asked if I would marry him...but I said no. Just kidding. I said yes! We then read Ephesians 5 together before he took me to the place where this blog began, Baker Street. We both love cheesecake and chocolate and Baker Street has Turtle cheesecake, which is the best of both worlds, so we took off! Little did I know that an engagement party was awaiting me! I walked in and saw two of my friends from college. Not a shocking thing because that is where we always hung out. But then my nephew Jacob came and hugged me. I thought, that is odd...and then I rounded the corner to a room full of people staring at me. Yeah...not so used to that! The sweetest moment of all was when I saw my mom walking towards me! And then my Dad!! Jason invited them to come all the way to San Angelo to share this incredible moment with me! It was the biggest blessing ever and I am still beaming with joy and thankfulness for that moment. For the actual facial reactions you can go to a blog my sister has already created at:

bebeearnoldwedding.blogspot.com

We enjoyed fellowship with our friends and family and some good turtle cheesecake. This past week my sister, who is multi-talented, took our engagement pics. Here are a few of my favorites!









I will keep you posted as the journey continues. I am still working with Mission Fuge this summer. I leave June 6th for Ecuador and arrive back in the states from Canada on July 29th. I will then get married four days later on August 2nd!! I mentioned that my sister was multi-talented...she and my mom will be planning my wedding. I am so excited that I get to leave and not worry about plans and then just come home and get married! Not much of a wedding planner. After the honeymoon, we will move up to Kentucky and Jason will start seminary at Southern on August 18th! So excited about being a seminary wife!!! I will find a job as a nurse and get the much needed medical experience I have been wanting. Well, pray for me this summer as I have the privilege and opportunity to invest in many students lives as well as the people we go to with the gospel in Ecuador and Canada. I'm excited to see what the Lord has planned for this summer. I love to watch Him work!! Love you all!!

11 comments:

Jamie Butts said...

CARA! I'm so happy! I love your pictures, and I really like how you are both so smiley (not just in these pictures, but all of the time).
I love you both. Congrats... and get on up here!

Jessica said...

Words cannot express my joy for you, Cara! It brings tears to my eyes! :) Oh, how the Lord works...Love you!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Cara Bebee ... I am sooo excited for you!! Jill comes home on tuesday ... we all need to hang out!!

OhK-Booth said...

Sister, I am so blessed to be a part of your lives. And we are totally going to live it up in Kentucky!

Sarah Bebee said...

CARA BOO!! I am SO excited for you and cannot wait for the wedding! Congratulations!!! Kentucky will be so much sweeter with you guys here to share it! Love you and talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

babe, you did a phenomenal job telling the story, im just going to let you do it all the time now......so when people ask how we got engaged/married im going to give them your number! So much easier for me that way! hahaha I love you sweety pie! hahahah

carye gillen said...

Wow-what a love story with God's fingerprints all over it! Can't wait to meet Jason and celebrate all God has done! The pictures are precious--brilliant smiles and happy hearts! So encouraging to see God do exceedingly, abundantly what we could ask or think!!
Love and prayers,
Aunt Carye and Uncle Jim

Laurel Griffin said...

holla....from shane

Keri said...

I love you Cara!!!

Veronica said...

sis... i just saw this... AH! :) i'm calling you.
love,
veronica

Heather said...

Congratulations Cara!